The following schools in the Devizes and Lavington area have been discussing the possibility of forming a Multi-Academy Trust (Sarsen MAT) since 2015:
- Lavington School
- All Cannings CE Primary School
- Bishops Cannings CE (Aided) Primary School
- Chirton CE Primary School
- Downland School
- Rushall CE Primary School
- Woodborough CE VA Primary School
A Memorandum of Understanding was approved by the respective Governing Bodies and signed in June 2016. Our aim is to create a community based MAT that will foster an outstanding, inspirational and inclusive learning environment that meets the needs of all young people for their present and future development.
Since this time, the MAT Steering Group and sub-committees, formed of representatives from each of the schools, have been working together to complete the MAT application process and answer questions raised by governing bodies on key areas of governance of the MAT and finance, in particular, financial sustainability.
At the end of March 2017 the Governing Bodies of all the participating schools met separately and passed a conditional resolution to make a formal application to set up the Sarsen Multi Academy Trust.
In May a Chief Executive Officer and Finance Officer were appointed
- For all pupils within the proposed MAT, supporting their current and future learning wherever that may be.
- Equip them with both the immediate and long term emotional competency needed for personal success, through the development of self-confidence, self-awareness and resilience.
- Enhance the breadth and depth of learning outcomes for pupils/students and CPD opportunities for staff through collaboration and sharing of expertise.
- Further extend parental and student engagement by providing ongoing support and opportunities to understand what is needed to be an effective learner.
- Allow the needs for all learners to be met, regardless of ability or background, from Early Years Foundation Stage up to their GCSEs and beyond.
Over the next few weeks and months a number of key activities will need to be completed as we move towards conversion:
- Formal submission of application for Academy Order
- Consultation with staff, parents and other interested parties
- Legal process, e.g. Land Transfer, staff TUPE
- Final Governing Body resolution
As we proceed towards conversion, this page on the website will be regularly updated.
If you have any questions please email any of the following who are all members of the Steering Group and Trustees designate:
Richard Borman: email@example.com
Rob Hart: robHart@Chirton.wilts.sch.uk
Lindsey Wallace: firstname.lastname@example.org